Subject: Re: help!
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Valéry Touodop <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 07:57:45 -0400

Valéry,

Please post instead of sending private email.

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 11:26:20PM +0200, Valéry Touodop wrote:
> I'm facing a problem when instlling Postgres 7.2.1 on Window Me. after
> the complete setup when I'm trying to start the database (initdb), the
> following error occurs :
> 
> C:\PGSQL\POSTGRES_BETA4\PG_ID.EXE could not retrieve the name of the
> current user Error Code=1245
> 
> initdb could not determine current user name;

The above indicates that your Cygwin environment is not set up
correctly.

> How can I solve this?

Running mkpasswd and/or mkgroup should help.

> Thank U for helping me

You are welcome.

Jason

-- 
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D  8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/