Subject: Re: bug in cygwin?
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Jordan Brown <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 17:32:38 -0400

Please check out the project web page for links to available information
and ports:  http://cygwin.com/ .

If you don't see what you need there, then the cygwin mailing list is
the best place to make observations or get questions answered.
Information on the mailing list is available at the project web page.

For your convenience, I've reset the Reply-To: address to point to the
cygwin mailing list.  I've also Cc'ed this reply there.

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 10:35:34AM -0700, Jordan Brown wrote:
>I'm trying to build Windows apps using cygwin.  My Makefiles worked with a 
>previous rev, and look like they probably work with gcc 2.95.3-10.  I just 
>downloaded a new cygwin, gcc 3.2-3, and the -mno-cygwin option causes 
>compiles to fail - they can't find cc1plus.  Without -mno-cygwin gcc is 
>correctly using a full path to cc1plus; with it, it's using an unqualified 
>"cc1plus".
>
>I don't understand gcc configuration at all, but it looks to me like 
>there's a bug in the -mno-cygwin code you added in cygwin1.c.  It looks 
>like you're trying to modify *spec_machine to replace -cygwin with 
>-mingw32.  You copy the portion of the old value before the -cygwin, then 
>add -mingw32, but you never copy anything *after* the -cygwin.  Could this 
>be causing the symptom I'm seeing?
>
>Thanks.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to [email-masked]
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/