Subject: Re: LibXML2/LibXSLT testers wanted
From: Alex Lancaster <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 07 Jun 2003 03:26:14 -0700

>>>>> "EM" == Elfyn McBratney  writes:

[...]

EM> If you can't get it on the mirrors, you can add this

EM>   ftp://anonftp.ubertales.co.uk/pub/cygwin/

EM> URL in the mirror selection dialogue (using 'Add URL'). This is
EM> where I keep my test packages and it's updated every hour
EM> (setup.ini & co).

Hi Elfyn,

I have good news and bad news.  Good news: successfully updated from
the mirror.rcn.net mirror and installed/updated libxml2/libxslt.  Now
xsltproc seems to run and convert files fine, but the bad news is that
python bindings are still broken:

alex@allelef ~
$ python
Python 2.2.2 (#1, Mar  9 2003, 08:18:26)
[GCC 3.2 20020927 (prerelease)] on cygwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import libxml2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "libxml2.py", line 1, in ?
    import libxml2mod
ImportError: No module named libxml2mod
>>> import libxslt
libxslt could not guess RTLD_GLOBAL and RTLD_NOW on this platform: CYGWIN_98-4.10
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libxslt.py", line 48, in ?
    import libxml2mod
ImportError: No module named libxml2mod

Could this be related to the need/convention in Cygwin for
DLL/libraries to start cygxml2 and cygxslt rather than libxml2 and
libxslt?  I think was mentioned in a previous post to this mailing
list.

Thanks, Alex

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/