Subject: openssl commandline tools always output in text mode
From: Patrick Eisenacher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 22:40:35 +0200

Heyho,

openssl's commandline tools always output in text mode, no matter what 
your mount type is, be it binary or text.

Is this a bug or a feature? ;o)

I wonder whether I can convince openssl to generate its output according 
to my mount type, which is binary for me. Currently I postprocess 
openssl's output with a small perl filter to get rid of the superfluous 
CRs. But this is suboptimal, as I have to remove this filter once I want 
to run my scripts on a real unix OS.

Can anybody help?

$ openssl smime -decrypt -in msg.body -recip recipient.crt -inkey 
recipient.key -out testit.out

$ cat -A testit.out
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed^M$
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit^M$
^M$
test decryption^M$
^M$

$ openssl version
OpenSSL 0.9.7b 10 Apr 2003

Thanks,
Patrick

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/