Subject: Re: Problem with accept?!! (was: Re: apache cygwin package hangs when MaxRequestsPerChild reached!)
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: "Christopher B. Liebman" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 11:07:31 +0200

Hi Christopher,

"Christopher B. Liebman" schrieb:
> 
> Ok, after some investigation I am starting to think that the issue is with
> the behavior of accept().  When the apache main forks off its pool of worker
> procs, each one calls accept() on the socket file descriptor.  What I have
> found is that when the first process in the pool exits (usually due to the
> max requests being reached) ***none*** of the other pool process return from
> accept() when the next request comes in on the socket.  If I kill off the
> current pool procs the *first* new one will respond to requests untill the
> max is recieved again then as before, non of the other pool procs return
> from accept.  Any ideas on how to deal with this?

ok, this is a pretty good description of the problem I guess.

Let's ask Corinna, Chris et al for their explanation if something in
the accept() behaviour *inside* Cygwin changed from 1.3.10+ ?!?!?!?

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/