Subject: Re: apache cygwin package hangs when MaxRequestsPerChild reached!
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: "Christopher B. Liebman" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 10:59:40 +0200

Hi Christopher,

"Christopher B. Liebman" schrieb:
> 
> It seems that there is a bug somewhere in the server pool handling in apache
> under cygwin, When MaxRequestsPerChild is reached it hangs!  Repeat by
> setting MaxRequestsPerChild to 5 and making sequental requests...  the 6'th
> times out.  I'm running the latest cygwin and the cygwin apache package.  My
> server pool config is:
> 
> MinSpareServers 4
> MaxSpareServers 10
> StartServers 5
> MaxClients 150
> MaxRequestsPerChild 5
> 
> Anyone have any ideas?

the "hanging" problem is known. Unfortunatly we couldn't yet locate
the problem. This is a good hint and I will try to grap this up and
continue on investigating why the child does not die after the
MaxRequestsPerChild.

Thanks a lot for the information.

BTW, have you checked the source and see what "should" happen with the
child when MaxRequestsPerChild is reached?

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/