Subject: Re: Should PERLIO=no_crlf be the default on Cygwin?
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Tom Rodman)
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 19:30:34 +0200

Hallo Tom,

Am Samstag, 31. Mai 2003 um 16:13 schriebst du:

> --------
> Gerrit:

> Your plan to make PERLIO=no_crlf a default sounded great,
> but:

>   bash-2.05b$ uname -r;perl -v|grep 'This is'
>   1.3.22(0.78/3/2)
>   This is perl, v5.8.0 built for cygwin-multi-64int
>   bash-2.05b$ printf "\r\n\n"|PERLIO=no_crlf perl -pe '1;'|od -a
>   0000000  cr  nl  cr  nl
>   0000004

The layer no_crlf doesn't exist.  I'll move Cygwin to the non DOSISH
platforms, that leads to #undef PERLIO_USING_CRLF, otherwise the
default for Cygwin was #define PERLIO_USING_CRLF 1 which was the main
problem with the 5.8.0 release for Cygwin.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/