Subject: Re: Should PERLIO=no_crlf be the default on Cygwin?
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Greg Matheson <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 19:50:13 +0200

Hallo Greg,

Am Samstag, 31. Mai 2003 um 17:00 schriebst du:

> Oops.

> greg@7106 ~
> $ export PERLIO=bytes

$ perl -e 'open OUTFILE,">:crlf","text.txt";print OUTFILE "\n";'

...segfaults.

This is an official PERLIO layer, set it to PERLIO=raw and you get
no segfaults.  Well, perl should never segfault, this is some weird
bug.  I'll report it to perlbug.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/