Subject: Re: Should PERLIO=no_crlf be the default on Cygwin?
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Max Bowsher" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 12:39:13 +0200

Hallo Max,

Am Freitag, 30. Mai 2003 um 17:47 schriebst du:

> I know very little about perlio, but wouldn't defaulting to stdio cause Perl
> to obey Cygwin mount modes?

From perlrun.pod:
"An unset or empty PERLIO is equivalent to :stdio."

The problem is that it will be superseeded for platforms where
O_BINARY and O_TEXT differs as it is e.g. for DOS or CYGWIN.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/