Subject: LibXML2/LibXSLT testers wanted (was Re: How dumb can I get?...)
From: "Elfyn McBratney" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 07:03:08 +0000

[ Moving this over to [email-masked] to hunt for some libx* testers ;-) ]

>Make sure that the LDFLAGS for the library, in the Makefile.am,
>include the "-no-undefined" flag.
>
>e.g.:
>
>libfoo_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info 1:0:1 -no-undefined
>
>(I'm not sure, but I *think* this thread belongs on the main list,
>but it's probably a 'border' case)
>
>--Chuck

Uhm. Chuck. THANK YOU! That got me there. Have a $beverage on me!

Right, I know I've now a tarnished reputation for having my “homework” ;-) 
in on time, but I mean it this time..this is nearly ready to be released. 
Tomorrow evening I'll release test versions of libxml2 and libxslt (versions 
2.5.7 and 1.0.27 respectively).

If any hungry DocBook &c testers wanna have a go, and those people who were 
complaining that the current xml/xstl libs were too "old", you can use 
setup.exe to fetch 'em via anonymous ftp

  ftp://anonftp.ubertales.co.uk/pub/ports/cygwin/

All you have to do is launch setup.exe and type (copy/paste) the above URL 
into the mirror selection dialogue and *make sure* you hit the 
button...whats it called..Hmmm..the Add button, once you have typed in the 
above *URL* into the 'User URL' field. I'll try an have that server up by 
end of owffice hours (1700 GMT) so we can get these out ASAP.

Elfyn

PS- I nearly forgot, BIG Thanks to Robert for all of your hard work on these 
pesky libs. Without what you did these new packages wouldn't be here...cos 
I'm lazy..only Kidding! :-)

_________________________________________________________________
Get Hotmail on your mobile phone http://www.msn.co.uk/msnmobile

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/