Subject: Can't get dumper.exe to work
From: Aelfwyne <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 13:47:08 +0000 (UTC)

I've moved my project over to cygwin from FreeBSD, but am having quite some 
trouble getting a simple corefile.

Running the application inside gdb is not acceptable as it must run 
unattended, and restart after any crashes, leaving a corefile for later 
inspection.

However, I've discovered that Cygwin seems to think that that corefiles 
aren't really all that important.....

I've looked at the manpage for dumper and have exported the path to 
dumper.exe and "env" shows it as follows:

error_start=c:\cygwin\bin\dumper.exe

According to everything I've read - that's all I have to do to get a CORE 
file... but, alas, no corefile...

What else can I do?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/