Subject: Re: Command Prompt on Cygwin
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:24:09 +0100

> When I install Cygwin from kernel.org I get
> prompt as "bash2.05".

This sounds more like a consequence of a setup failure (possibly
recoverable: maybe an interrupted update or something) than just a
non-optimal prompt. Can you see whether the file
{c:\Cygwin}\etc\setup\installed.db {or wherever}still exists; also do you
have files c:\Cygwin\etc\passwd and c:\Cygwin\etc\group? If all of these are
present, why not try running http://cygwin.com/setup.exe again? The setup
process should be able to infer from the contents of the file installed.db
that you've been there before, and it will just offer any relevant updates.
It will also remount your Cygwin system if necessary (which your current
prompt suggests it might be).

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/