Subject: Re: Command Prompt on Cygwin.
From: Sam Edge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:01:24 +0100

"Vikram Mehta" <[email-masked]> wrote in
<[email-masked]>
in gmane.os.cygwin on Thu, 22 May 2003 14:44:27 -0700:

> I  am asking a question which may ne very obvious to all of u, but I cannot
> figure it out.
> I have two Cygwin Insatllations.. One from aCD and other from
> Mirrors.kernel.org
> the CD installation doesnot have all the packages I need so I use the
> kernel.org installation
> When I install Cygwimn from Kernel.org I get prompt as
> "bash2.05"
> When I install from CD I get prompt as   "root@vikram"
> I hv checked the difference between the two installations, Ans one in the CD
> has plder packages than from kernel.org.
> How canI get the root@vikram prompt on kernel.org Cygwin?

Vikram.

Your question is about the PS1 prompt string in the bash shell and is
not specific to Cygwin. You should ask in a more general
bash-programming forum about this but preferably after finding and
reading a suitable beginner's guide to bash either in print or on the
web.

In addition, you are likely to get little help here with any problem
unless you installed cygwin via the "official" setup.exe that you can
get via the "Install Cygwin now" link on the http://www.cygwin.com/
web site.

Regard,
-- 
Sam Edge

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/