Subject: Proftpd on non NT systems ?
From: Sylvain Petreolle <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Hughlander <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 18:37:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Jason,

I see that you added a proftpd package for Cygwin.
Since proftpd is more reliable than some free windows ftp servers,
I would have it running on our Windows Millenium server.

Currently it doesnt start, saying : 

Sylvain@ordi /usr/doc/proftpd-20030513
$ /usr/sbin/proftpd.exe --nodaemon
ordi - unable to set uid to 18, current uid: 500

I created the user ftp with id 18 in /etc/passwd but the same message
is displayed.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at users dot sourceforge dot net) ICQ #170597259
No more War !

"What if tomorrow the War could be over ?" Morpheus, in "Reloaded".

For the Law of Oil and Fire, Im an European that lives in France.
For all my Brothers and friends, Im a human living on Earth.

___________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!? -- Une adresse @yahoo.fr gratuite et en français !
Yahoo! Mail : http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/