Subject: cygpath : minor inconsistency in output
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 19:57:30 +0100

Assuming a conventional setup, then

    cygpath -m /

returns "c:/Cygwin". But if Cygwin is mounted at the root of a drive as in

    mount "d:" "/"
OR
    mount "d:/" "/"

then cygpath -m / returns "d:/". Note the trailing slash.

This is a terribly minor inconsistency and can easily be worked around (I
need to use the output of cygpath in an application) but (a) am I correct to
identify this mismatch in output as inconsistent and (b) would it be a pain
with many nasty consequences for loads of people if in some future
distribution it was made evident through a trailing slash that the output of
cygpath is always a directory? (So, in the particular example outlined,
here, you'd get "c:/Cygwin/").

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/