Subject: a2ps and printer
From: gilles civario <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 10:59:05 +0200

Hello.

I've just fond the a2ps-4.2.1 pakage on my favorite repository and
I've tested it. As a fan of a2ps for printing source listings, I'd
already installed the version 4.13 on my machine. And with an very
dirty hack, I managed to use a samba-shared network printer with it.
If somebody cares about it, here is a diff between the initial version
of the file <root>/etc/a2ps-site.cfg and my new one :

$ diff a2ps-site.cfg.init a2ps-site.cfg
41c41
< DefaultPrinter: | #{lp.default}
---
> DefaultPrinter: | cat > /tmp/foo.ps ;cd /tmp; /cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32/lpr -S mimosa -P glaieul foo.ps ; rm foo.ps
48c48
< UnknownPrinter: | #{lp} #o
---
> UnknownPrinter: | cat > /tmp/foo.ps ;cd /tmp; /cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32/lpr -S mimosa -P #o foo.ps ; rm foo.ps

Where mimosa is the name of the network print server and glaieul is
the name of the default printer.
I suppose there is a more elegant way to do this, but this is the only
one I've found.

Regards.

Gilles.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/