Subject: Re: Portable Cygwin on a CD
From: Sam Edge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 23:45:33 +0100

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak <[email-masked]> wrote in
<[email-masked]>
in gmane.os.cygwin on Mon, 5 May 2003 17:01:16 +0200 (CEST):

> I think it would be a very good idea to remove the mount table once you're 
> done (and perhaps put the old one back if there was one). If the autorun 
> program runs the bash or rxvt, it should be easy enough to clean up once 
> it's done..

I thought about this. The "autorun.exe" program could wait for the
rxvt.exe to terminate and then unmount everything.

But what if you'd started up some detached Cygwin processes from
within the session? Unmounting everything might make them choke.

Autorun.exe could get /really/ clever hooking into Windows and sit in
the taskbar until it spots when the last instance of cygwin1.dll is
unloaded before unmounting everything, unlocking the CD-ROM eject
mechanism and exiting. I'm not going to write it for you, though. ;-)

-- 
Sam Edge

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/