Subject: Re: Setup very slow after choosing packages
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Yves Bellefeuille <[email-masked]>
Date: 05 May 2003 19:05:41 +1000

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 09:33, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Sun, 4 May 2003, Yves Bellefeuille wrote:

> FYI, Rob Collins is in charge of setup releases.  Rob, care to comment on
> the above?  If a new release is out, there's probably no need to update
> the FAQ.

Choose one of the below:
a) Because I'm trying out the 'I'm mean' concept.
b) Because altering graph traversal code radically with no regression
test suite may introduce nasty side effects, such as dependencies not
getting installed in some circumstances, and I'd rather not have the
list inundated should that be the result of my changes. 
c) Because there are a number of promised patches I'm vaguely hoping
will arrive, to be bundled in with this change, and as the situation
hasn't changed in > 6 months, I don't consider it a panic situation...
d) Because I really really am mean, and have just been hiding it all
this time..

Rob

-- 
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.