Subject: fopen64() in stdio.h, cannot build binutils
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 13:51:03 +0200

Hallo,

I saw that fopen64 is exported from cygwin1.dll now, however building
binutils doesn't succeed, I'm getting this error:

/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:101: parse error before "file_off"
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:101: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `file_off'
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:101: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:155: parse error before "file_off"
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:155: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:159: parse error before "file_off"
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:159: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c: In function `strings_file':
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:404: parse error before numeric constant
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c: At top level:
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:429: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c: In function `get_char':
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:430: parse error before "file_off"
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:429: warning: type of `address' defaults to `int'
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:458: invalid type argument of `unary *'
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c: At top level:
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:504: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c: In function `print_strings':
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:506: parse error before "file_off"
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:504: warning: type of `address' defaults to `int'
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:504: warning: type of `stop_point' defaults to `int'
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:504: warning: type of `magiccount' defaults to `int'
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:504: warning: type of `magic' defaults to `int'
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:515: parse error before "start"
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:523: `start' undeclared (first use in this function)
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:523: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/winsup/src/binutils/strings.c:523: for each function it appears in.)

The first error is from here:

#ifdef HAVE_FOPEN64
typedef off64_t file_off;
#define file_open(s,m) fopen64(s, m)
#else
typedef off_t file_off;
#define file_open(s,m) fopen(s, m)
#endif

It compiles fine if I remove this:
/* Is fopen64 available? */
#define HAVE_FOPEN64 1

from config.h
so it seems there is s.th. wrong with `typedef off64_t file_off;'
which is line 101 in strings.c.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/