Subject: Re: basename() implementation?
From: [email-masked] (Joshua Kwan)
To: Elfyn McBratney <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:13:25 -0700

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 05:59:32AM +0100, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> > BTW, I'm using libtool now so *supposedly* building shlibs are fixed.

Nope.. :/

libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-cygwin 
shared libraries

*sigh* This is just a pretty version of the problem I experienced 
before. So... there is NO way to build _true_ shared libraries for 
Cygwin that rely on code from the program that dlopens them? :/

> Josh, thank you for reminding me to get off my...! {base,dir}name() are not
> yet implemented, however they should be in the next release
> 

Cool, thanks. I found one in libiberty, but cygwin doesn't provide 
the header file. I pulled the basename extern declartion from 
winsup/include/libiberty.h and stuck it into the source file, but it was 
unable to relocate. Sigh!

I think I might just give up on this Cygwin port...

Regards,
Josh

-- 
New PGP public key: 0x27AFC3EE