Subject: Re: Perl instabilities
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Michael Lemke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:22:19 +0200

Hallo,

> Michael wrote:
>>> I just had the problem when I tried to build perl on VMS.  Threads and
>>> 64bit stuff wouldn't work.  Just a thought.

> Elfyn:
>> Just a WAG, maybe it's down to the 64-int support. Perhaps re-building from
>> source without 64-int might do something...

> Ok, I'll build a version without 65-int support tomorrow, will send
> you a the download URL when ready.

Ok, here it is, I don't know exactely where, but I lost the 65th bit;)
http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/perl/perl-5.8.0-no64bit.tar.bz2
http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/perl/md5sums

Sourcepackage available on request.

Can you try to reproduce the problem with this perl?

Just extract it from the root dir '/', probably it is better to
uninstall previous perl-5.8.0 versions with setup.exe.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/