Subject: Update: Term::ReadLine modules and perl-5.8.0
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:23:18 +0200

Hallo Greg,

>>>> Well, it should work without this setting too.
>>>> And Term::ReadLine on Cygwin is buggy as we know now...

The core module Term::ReadLine should work as it is in the core
distribution included and during building the core all tests passed.

Term::ReadLine::Perl wants you to hit the Enter key two times, e.g
when running the test or when you start the perl debugger (perl -d)
or when running the CPAN shell.

>>> But, Term::ReadLine::Gnu is OK, isn't it?

Seems to be a problem here:

$ make test
cp Gnu.bs blib/arch/auto/Term/ReadLine/Gnu/Gnu.bs
chmod 644 blib/arch/auto/Term/ReadLine/Gnu/Gnu.bs
/bin/perl.exe "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/callback....dubious                                                        
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 139, 0x8b)
        test program seems to have generated a core
t/history.....dubious                                                        
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 139, 0x8b)
        test program seems to have generated a core
t/readline....dubious                                                        
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 139, 0x8b)
        test program seems to have generated a core
FAILED--3 test scripts could be run, alas--no output ever seen
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/