Subject: Re: ssh doesn't like $HOME
From: "Ehud Karni" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:21:48 +0300

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:08:56 +0200, Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 12:49:02PM +0300, Ehud Karni wrote:
> > NO. it is using $HOME also for the .ssh directory.
> 
> What you see isn't ssh, it's the fallback to a Cygwin internally
> generated passwd entry if Cygwin couldn't read /etc/passwd.  ssh
> doesn't even get that /etc/passwd is unreadable.

Thank you, I did not know that.

The end result is - from the user point of view - that ssh DO USE
the HOME environment variable (that allows me to run ssh on windows
machines without installing Cygwin, even to run it from CD).

Ehud.

- -- 
 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 Insurance agencies   (USA) voice mail and   X   Against   HTML   Mail
 http://www.mvs.co.il  FAX:  1-815-5509341  / \
 mailto:[email-masked]                  Better  Safe  Than  Sorry

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/