Subject: Re: ssh doesn't like $HOME
From: "Ehud Karni" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 19:49:51 +0300

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 17:49:26 +0200, Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> ssh never uses the $HOME value.  It uses the home dir given in the user's
> /etc/passwd entry.

- From my experience (without reading the source) this is not exactly
true. If the /etc/passwd file exists it is used, but if it does not
exist, the $HOME is used. You can check it by using the -v (debug
switch) for ssh:
    OpenSSH_3.6.1p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090701f
    debug1: Reading configuration data <config path>

Ehud

- -- 
 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 Insurance agencies   (USA) voice mail and   X   Against   HTML   Mail
 http://www.mvs.co.il  FAX:  1-815-5509341  / \
 mailto:[email-masked]                  Better  Safe  Than  Sorry

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/