Subject: Sharing Violation Mystery
From: Steve <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:49:26 -0400

Hi;

I'm using the latest cygwin( fresh download of installer and files last 
week ) and windows 2000.

I have a mysterious sharing violation issue which I hope someone here 
can help me solve.

If I create or rename something within a directory I will become 
incapable of deleting as well as renaming that directory.

I will not be able to rename or delete the directory in question until I 
reboot windows.

I have taken screen shots of the output of taskmanager in this situation 
and immediately after a fresh reboot.  I could not find any differences 
in the processes between the two screenshots of taskmanager.  There is 
nothing obvious that is running, holding onto the directory, and showing 
up in taskmanager.

Yes, I have emptied the directories in question and shut off all other 
programs.

I am posting this problem here because I noticed that it will only 
happen within the C:\cygwin heirarchy.  Ugh, that is where it hurts the 
most as I try to keep all of my files in C:\cygwin\home\stever :).

My login id for windows 2000 is "stever", yet when I run ls -l in bash I 
see "Administ" as the owner to all of my files.

Is this situation supposed to be like this?

Thanks in advance for any clues

Steve

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/