Subject: Unofficial Newsgroups
From: Biju G C <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 08:30:13 -0700 (PDT)

To who ever maintains pages at http://cygwin.com/ 

Unofficial Newsgroup is mentioned on the menu at http://cygwin.com/
Can you also provide the same at http://cygwin.com/xfree/

And we could change the links to http://news.gmane.org/?match=cygwin
to do filter on "cygwin"

Also under http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-xfree-faq.html#q-newsgroup

>>1.8. Is there a Cygwin/XFree86 newsgroup?
>>
>>No, Cygwin/XFree86 does not have a newsgroup; however, 
>>we do have a mailing list. See Q: 1.9.

Why not mention the following as Unofficial Newsgroup

nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.xfree
http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.os.cygwin.xfree

Alternately we can maintain a page showing list of all unofficial 
newsgroups and maillist for Cygwin. It will be useful for those who 
are looking for information on a specific area Like one 
for postgresql & KDE
http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.comp.db.postgresql.cygwin
http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.comp.kde.devel.cygwin

I am ready to contribute my time for this.

cheers
biju

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.
http://search.yahoo.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/