Subject: Re: Perl instabilities
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Michael Lemke)
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 23:34:58 +0200

Hallo Michael,

Am Samstag, 26. April 2003 um 21:49 schriebst du:

> Hi, I see the same.  Haven't tried to track it down, though.
> When I run the perl Makefile.PL for the spamassassin 2.53 package
> perl crashes in CWD.DLL

>  micha> uname -a
> CYGWIN_98-4.10 micha 1.3.22(0.78/3/2) 2003-03-18 09:20 i586 unknown unknown Cygwin
>  micha> perl -v

> This is perl, v5.8.0 built for cygwin-multi-64int
> ...
>  micha> perl Makefile.PL
> Checking if your kit is complete...
> Looks good
> Warning: prerequisite HTML::Parser 3 not found.
>    1924 [main] perl 898827 sync_with_child: child -861851(0xF0) died before initialization with status code 0xFFFFFFFF
>    2054 [main] perl 898827 sync_with_child: *** child state child loading dlls

> After a while two instances (processes) of perl crash.

[...]

> Any ideas?

There is a debudding versiopn of perl available:
Ok, a debugging version is here (two packages, 8MB sourcetree and
10MB binaries):
http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/perl/perl-5.8.0-debugging.tar.bz2
http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/perl/perl-5.8.0-debugging-srctree.tar.bz2
http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/perl/md5sums

And a source package with the additional patches and scripts to
build a debugging version: perl-5.8.0-debugging-src.tar.bz2, is
available on request.

As C. Faylor wrote:

Now you could do something like:

set CYGWIN=error_start=c:/cygwin/bin/gdb

and when gdb pops up, type "bt" to get a stack trace.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/