Subject: Re: FCNTL.DLL causes illegal instruction w/ perl since upgrade
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:38:59 +0200

Hallo stimonyhall,

Am Donnerstag, 24. April 2003 um 18:35 schriebst du:

> stimonyhall wrote:

>>>> I can only back down to 1.3.21-1 with the setup utility and that
>>>> crashes also...
>>>
>>>perl-5.8 is linked against cygwin-1.3.22, if you cannot resolve the
>>>problem, maybe downgrading perl to 5.6.1 is the only fast solution I
>>>can offer now.
>>
>>ok. right now i am at cygwin-1.3.22 and perl 5.6.1 and it works....
>>so perhaps this is a perl port issue?

> ok. this has been confirmed on two pc's to work with identical configs:
> win 98 SE and cygwin 1.3.22 and perl 5.6.1. soooo... something is up
> with perl 5.8.0 port.

> If anyone who owns the perl port wants more information from me or test
> new builds, please let me know.... otherwise i am stuck in 5.6.1 land :-(

I have a debugging version of perl-5.8.0, you can fetch it and debug
it.  Unfortunately I have no Win98 to do this myself.

Ok, a debugging version is here (two packages, 8MB sourcetree and
10MB binaries):
http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/perl/perl-5.8.0-debugging.tar.bz2
http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/perl/perl-5.8.0-debugging-srctree.tar.bz2
http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/perl/md5sums

And a source package with the additional patches and scripts to
build a debugging version: perl-5.8.0-debugging-src.tar.bz2, is
available on request.

As C. Faylor wrote:

Now you could do something like:

set CYGWIN=error_start=c:/cygwin/bin/gdb

and when gdb pops up, type "bt" to get a stack trace.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/