Subject: Cygwin & Tomcat 3.21.
From: Steve <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:00:42 -0400

Hi;

I'm on win2k and using Tomcat 3.2.4.

My use of both programs and their parituclar versions are beyond my
control.

I have cygwin installed and I would like to use Tomcat from bash 
(startup.sh) to use tools available to me in bash.

I can execute startup.bat from bash, but that just puts it in a dos
window.

When I have tried using startup.sh from bash I get these error messages:

-----------------------------------------------------
stever@STEVE-R /cygdrive/c/TOMCAT/bin
$ ./startup.sh
Using classpath: 
C:\TOMCAT/lib/Enrollment.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/MFMC.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/activation.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/ant.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/barcode.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/crimson.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/dataaccess.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/datadownload.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/email.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/fabry.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/jasper.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/jaxp.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/jcert.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/jdom.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/jnet.jar:C:
TOMCAT/lib/jsse.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/mail.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/mailapi.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/olddcs.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/parser.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/servlet.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/sessionlistener.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/singleton.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/standard.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/synagis.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/test:C:\TOMCAT/lib/webserver.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/workflow.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/xerces.jar:C:\TOMCAT/lib/xmldatadownload.jar:C:\JDK/
ib/tools.jar

stever@STEVE-R /cygdrive/c/TOMCAT/bin
$ java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/startup/Tomcat
Exception in thread "main"
-----------------------------------------------------

Those jars exist and are where they sould be.

My environment variables for tomacat and java also work.

I had some memory allocation trouble with the dos & startup.bat
Could the same thing be of issue here?

I tried this question in two Java forums and have not gotten a response, 
my apologies for posting here.

Any ideas?

Steve

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/