Subject: Re: proftpd (and vsftpd too)
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:26:03 +0200

Hallo Jason,

Am Mittwoch, 23. April 2003 um 13:55 schriebst du:

> Gerrit,

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 07:51:56AM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 07:18:11AM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> > Lets see what Jason figured out.
[snip]

> I finally found the error of my ways -- I was using system (i.e., 18)
> for root's gid instead of administrators (i.e., 544).  This caused all
> kinds of problems after proftpd executed a setgid(ROOT_GID).

>> I can post my proftpd "patch" from my very stale CVS working
>> directory.  Do you want it?

> See attached.  Note that you can ignore the mod_unixpw.c hunks since you
> indicated that you have already completed this part of the port.

I'll consider this too, I changed mod_auth.c as it already was
included in mod_auth in the current CVS version of proftpd.

Anyway, many thanks.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/