Subject: Re: proftpd
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:30:19 +0200

Hallo Hannu,

If you really need an ftpd for Win98, there are the inetutils,
already available for Cygwin, included is also the ftpd.

BTW, it should be no problem to get it running without thew ntsec
features, but that is not what I want, if you really want to use
Win98 to setup FTP service for the internet freaks, then you're
lost...

NT gives you a little more security (well, I hope so).

Go and build Proftpd, just remove the wrong #ifdef __CYGWIN__ code
and write your password (encrypted) into your /etc/passwd file and
you have proftpd running on Cygwin/Win98.  Since it builds already
without problems, I'll focus now to get NTSEC up and running too.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/