Subject: Re: Cygwin - Versioned Distro's (was Re: A request?)
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Elfyn McBratney <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Apr 2003 14:57:58 +1000

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 13:30, Elfyn McBratney wrote:

> using the cutting-edge in Cygwin then they'll just use the net release.
> Could also be the birth of CPM, too.

Control Program/Monitor?

> What we'd need:
> 
> - A CVS repository
> - Part of the web site dedicated to the distribution
> - A Mailing list
> - Volunteers to handle bug reports, release updates &c
> 
> I've put myself up, and Brian Ford raised interest.Anyone else?

Well I'm interested in seeing the result :}. And I'll happily accept
patches / even tweak the odd thing in setup to accomodate your needs. I
can't commit the time needed to do release testing or policy
documentation though.

You'll also need a setup program to install your 'stable distribution'.
(*)

Rob

(*) setup.exe can be reused, but you *will* need some changes to teach
it that there is a stable distribution, and the unstable distribution.
My thought on the prev / curr / test buttons has been to treat them like
distributions, but there was a lot of resistance when I suggested that.
So currently there is not separation between the three. IF there is
community support, I'm happy to have setup present 'stable' , 'curr' and
'testing/exp' and have an (optionally) hard barrier between stable and
curr.

Rob
-- 
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.