Subject: Re: Upgraded, CYGWIN *much* slower
From: "Matthew W. Roberts" <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Markebo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:20:28 -0500

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:22:52AM +0200, Andrew Markebo wrote:
> BTW ANy antivirus running?? 
> 
> There were some slowness with a couple of such tools running.. 

I do have antivirus software running.  However, it was running
before the upgrade as well.  That is, I didn't change anything on
the system other than upgrading to a new cygwin.

Checking the update logs I found this:

2003/04/12 16:12:27 Could not open service McShield for query, start
and stop. McAfee may not be installed, or we don't have access.

Don't know if that is important or not...

Matt

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/