Subject: Re: IMAP server, anyone?
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:37:05 +0200

Luciano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> For a Windows IMAP server, Hamster beats Mercury hands down, but I 
> really wanted something:

> a) more Unix like
> b) more silent and invisible
> c) more prone to let me point to any directory

> Hamster only works with folders inside its own directory.

If you mean the directory in which the hamster exe lives this simply is not
so, in fact they don't even need to be on the same drive. It has been a long
time, but I think you need to look at the [Directories] section of
hamster.ini (Main=...). You need to copy/duplicate a lot of the files in the
Hamster .exe dir in your other dir and I never figured out exactly which
ones, I always meant to but at the moment I have
$ ls -la
total 12132
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users        1374 Jul 18  2002 Accounts.!!!
-rwxr-xr-x    1 me       users          28 Jul 18  2002 DefScript.txt
drwxr-xr-x   18 me       users           0 Dec 15  2001 Groups
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users         225 Jul 18  2002 Groups.!!!
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users         247 Jan 31 17:46 Groups.hst
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users      322560 Dec 13  2001 HAMSTER.FTS
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users        3749 Nov 15  2001 HAMSTER.HSM
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users       73273 Mar 11 18:01 HAMSTER_en.dat
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users        5023 Apr 18 07:03 Hamster.ini
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users       47821 Dec 14  2001 Hamster_de.GID
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users         110 Jul  2  2002 IPAccess.hst
drwxr-xr-x    2 me       users           0 Dec 15  2001 Logs
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users         207 Jul 18  2002 MAlias.hst
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users         269 Jan 25 06:34 MailFilt.hst
drwxr-xr-x    7 me       users           0 Dec 15  2001 Mails
-rwxr-xr-x    1 me       users        1426 Jan  3 10:50 NewsPost.hsc
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users        1518 Oct 24 16:31 Password.!!!
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users         375 Dec  8 19:47 Pulls.hst
drwxr-xr-x    2 me       users           0 Sep 18  1999 RECYCLED
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users         526 Mar  6 05:00 Scores.hst
drwxr-xr-x    6 me       users           0 Dec 15  2001 Server
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users          43 Nov 20 19:07 Server.hst
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users          48 Dec 20 17:51 SrvPOP3.hst
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users          23 Dec 20 17:51 SrvSMTP.hst
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users           0 Nov  7  2001 active.dis
-rwxr-xr-x    1 me       users        3493 Jan  3 10:46 header.hsm
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users        6533 Nov 15  2001 hmessage.hsm
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users        2151 Nov 17  2001 hstrings.hsm
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users        4063 Apr 29  2000 htime.hsm
-rw-r--r--    1 me       users         154 Sep 26  2002 navne.ini
-rwxr-xr-x    1 me       users         778 Dec 31 08:31 procmail.hsc
-rwxr-xr-x    1 me       users        2771 Sep 25  2002 rbl.hsc
-rwxr-xr-x    1 me       users         864 Dec 10 15:00 spamassassin.hsc
-rwxr-xr-x    1 me       users         857 Oct 26 12:15 spamc.hsc
-rwxr-xr-x    1 me       users         778 Oct 24 16:57 spamd.hsc

some of which are likely not necessary.

Personally I run Hamster via a batch file which adds C:\cygwin\bin to %PATH%
and that means that Hamster scripts can run Cygwin programs, like spamc.hsc
does:
--------
var ( $FileName, $cmdline)

$FileName = paramstr(2)

$cmdline = "spamc.exe -d localhost < "
$cmdline = $cmdline + $FileName

Execute( $cmdline )
--------

But then I'm just perverse and like making software do things it was not
built for :)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/