Subject: Re: Problem in executable file mechanism
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:26:52 +1000 (EST)

On 16 Apr, [email-masked] wrote:
>  OK, what are you seeing?  I get "bash: ls: command not found" with  
>  1.3.20 and 1.3.22. 

Yes, that's what I get.  For two other native Windows commands, it
failed silently, yet for other native Windows commands, it also failed
with a "command not found" message.  Puzzling.

IIRC, when I had a little more time, about a month ago, I think I also
ran the whole invoking shell inside strace (ouch), which was what led
me to discover the directory-executable name clash.  Up till then, I
just had a mystery that one command on my path wouldn't execute from
Cygwin, and wouldn't report any kind of error.

HTH,

luke

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/