Subject: Re: inetutils ping not present but portable
From: Frank Schmitt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:04:45 +0200

Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 03:28:10PM +0200, David Strobach wrote:
>> Is there any special reason for ping not to be present in inteutils port? I
>> have successfully compiled ping from inetutils-1.4.2 with no changes to
>> source code.
>
> ping isn't present in 1.3.2.  Also ping is included by default in all
> Windows systems.

Yes, but you've got to specify -c to make it work like the default Unix
ping.

-- 
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy,
the best golfer is a black guy, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France
is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war."
          -- Unknown author

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/