Subject: Re: [CYGWIN] XP Pro cygipc/PostgreSQL test report
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: George Weaver <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Dave Page <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:58:12 -0400

George,

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 06:00:29PM -0500, George Weaver wrote:
> I have installed PostgreSQL on both XP Pro and XP Home with success.
> 
> The only challenge seems to be installing PostgreSQL as a service,
> which can be done effortlessly, but requires a user name with a
> password that can't be blank (see attachment).  I can't see any
> difference in doing this between the Pro and Home editions.

Thanks for the above.

BTW, did you need to use ntrights to assign the logon as a service right
under XP Home as indicated in the following?

    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-04/msg01456.html

Thanks,
Jason

-- 
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D  8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/