Subject: Re: rebase problem (was Re: Happy Birthday (late), cgf...)
From: "S. L." <[email-masked]>
To: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:14:56 +0200 (MEST)

Jason,

It didn't "crash cygwin real good", let's better put it this way: it brought
me in a mood I've considered my cygwin installation was crashed. Not much
"technical" info to share.
Actually, it happened because of (same old story) apache, apxs, mod_ssl, php
and php_pg on win98. Apache itself and its modules could compile and run
after rebasing the dlls. I was unable to bring up neither mod_ssl nor php /w
php_pg. And this by either doing "massive" rebase (i.e. all dlls except
cygwin1.dll) or just a "selective" one (just the dependecy dlls). Meanwhile pushing
and pulling around original dlls. [...] I eventually solved the problem by
compiling a shared_core apache version, which works without rebase, having those
modules compiled in.
But since all this took me a month or so, it left a bitter taste of defeat
upon my relation with rebase (I still consider it a good tool, but I don't
need it yet :^).

SLao

-- 
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more  http://www.gmx.net +++
Bitte lächeln! Fotogalerie online mit GMX ohne eigene Homepage!

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/