Subject: XP Pro cygipc/PostgreSQL test report
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Pgsql-Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:55:55 -0400

Over the last few months, I have seen numerous posts on the Cygwin
PostgreSQL and Cygwin mailing lists indicating that cygipc and/or
PostgreSQL had problems running on XP Pro.

I finally got around to trying these packages on XP Pro for myself.
AFAICT, cygipc and PostgreSQL function on XP Pro identical to how they
function on the other NT platforms:

1. ipc-daemon runs properly as a direct NT service without the need to
   wrap it with cygrunsrv.

2. The basic Cygwin PostgreSQL installation works as expected. [1]

3. The NT services Cygwin PostgreSQL installation works as expected. [1]

Notes:

[1] Installations documented in the Cygwin PostgreSQL README:

    http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.3.2.README

Jason

-- 
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D  8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/