Subject: Re: gcc 2.95 and above for cygwin environment
From: DEEPA SIVASANKARANE <[email-masked]>
To: Max Bowsher<[email-masked]>
Cc: DEEPA SIVASANKARANE<[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:29:59 -0400

Please find the attachment. Resending the mail, as it was
returned due to spam check.

regards,
Deepa

---- Original message ----
>Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:02:15 +0100
>From: "Max Bowsher" <[email-masked]>  
>Subject: Re: gcc  2.95 and above for cygwin environment  
>To: "DEEPA SIVASANKARANE" <[email-masked]>
>Cc: <[email-masked]>
>
>DEEPA SIVASANKARANE wrote:
>> Thanx. After cygwin installation, I have a certain
>> C:\cygwin\tier1-00r1p2\H-i686-pc-cygwin\bin\gcc.exe
>> I suppose this should work fine on a Pentium/Win 98
>> machine ?
>
>From that pathname, I strongly suspect you may be using a 
*very* old version
>of Cygwin.
>
>Where did you get it from?
>
>Please *attach* (do not send inline) the *un*compressed 
output of
>"cygcheck -svr".
>
>
>Max.
>

Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Mon Apr 14 20:28:24 2003

Win9X Ver 4.10 build 67766446  A 

Path:	./
	/cygdrive/c/ums/bin
	/cygdrive/c/ums/tools
	/cygdrive/c/CYGWIN/TIER1-~1/H-I686~1/BIN
	/cygdrive/c/CYGWIN/T1USER~1/H-I686~1/BIN
	/cygdrive/c/CYGWIN/TIER1-~1/H-I586~1/BIN
	/cygdrive/c/CYGWIN/TIER1-~1/H-I686~1/BIN
	.
	/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS
	/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS
	/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/COMMAND
	/cygdrive/c/TESTUMS/BIN
	/cygdrive/c/UMS/BIN

SysDir: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
WinDir: C:\WINDOWS

HOME = `//c/cygwin/HOME'
MAKE_MODE = `UNIX'
PWD = `/cygdrive/c/cygwin'

!C: = `C:\cygwin'
BLASTER = `A220 I5 D1'
CC = `C:\cygwin\tier1-00r1p2\H-i686-pc-cygwin\bin\gcc.exe'
CMDLINE = `bash -i'
COMSPEC = `C:\COMMAND.COM'
CYG_PATH = `C:\cygwin\t1usertools-00r1p2\H-i686-pc-cygwin\bin;C:\cygwin\tier1-00r1p2\H-i586-cygwin32\bin;C:\cygwin\tier1-00r1p2\H-i686-pc-cygwin\bin;'
ECOS_REPOSITORY = `c:\\ums\\eCos\\packages'
GCC_PATH = `C:\cygwin\tier1-00r1p2\H-i686-pc-cygwin\bin'
HOSTNAME = `OEMCOMPUTER'
HOSTTYPE = `i686'
HPATH = `$TOPDIR/include'
INSTALL_DIR = `C:\cygwin'
MACHTYPE = `i686-pc-cygwin'
OSTYPE = `cygwin'
PROMPT = `$p$g'
PS1 = `--\w-->'
SHELL = `/bin/sh'
SHLVL = `1'
SSIROOT = `/cygdrive/c/ums'
TEMP = `/cygdrive/c/windows/TEMP'
TERM = `cygwin'
TMP = `/cygdrive/c/windows/TEMP'
TOPDIR = `/cygdrive/c/uClinux/source/uClinux-dist/linux-2.4.x'
UMS_TEMP = `c:\ums\temp'
USERDIR  = ` //c/cygwin/t1usertools-00r1p2/H-i686-pc-cygwin/usr'
WINBOOTDIR = `C:\WINDOWS'
WINDIR = `C:\WINDOWS'
_ = `/cygdrive/c/CYGWIN/TIER1-~1/H-I686~1/BIN/cygcheck'
TZ = `PST8PDT7,M4.1.0/2,M10.5.0/2'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
  (default) = `/cygdrive'
  cygdrive flags = 0x00000022
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/bin
  (default) = `C:\cygwin\t1usertools-00r1p2\H-i686-pc-cygwin/bin'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/lib
  (default) = `C:\cygwin\t1usertools-00r1p2\H-i686-pc-cygwin/lib'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/
  (default) = `C:\cygwin\t1usertools-00r1p2\H-i686-pc-cygwin'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\00
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\01
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\02
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\03
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\04
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\05
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\06
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\07
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\08
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\09
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0A
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0B
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0C
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0D
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0E
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0F
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\10
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\11
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\12
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\13
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\14
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\15
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\16
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\17
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\18
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\19
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1A
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1B
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1C
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1D
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\00
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\01
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\02
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\03
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\04
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\05
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\06
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\07
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\08
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\09
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0D
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0E
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0F
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\10
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\11
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\12
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\13
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\14
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\15
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\16
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\17
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\18
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\19
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1D

a:  fd           N/A    N/A                    
c:  hd  FAT32   5433Mb  93% CP    UN           OMNIBOOK
d:  cd  CDFS     590Mb 100%       UN           000125_0856

C:\cygwin\t1usertools-00r1p2\H-i686-pc-cygwin\bin  /usr/bin  user    binmode
C:\cygwin\t1usertools-00r1p2\H-i686-pc-cygwin\lib  /usr/lib  user    binmode
C:\cygwin\t1usertools-00r1p2\H-i686-pc-cygwin  /        user    binmode

Found: c:\CYGWIN\T1USER~1\H-I686~1\BIN\bash.exe
Found: c:\CYGWIN\T1USER~1\H-I686~1\BIN\cat.exe
Found: c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I686~1\BIN\cpp.exe
Found: c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I586~1\BIN\cpp.exe
Warning: c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I686~1\BIN\cpp.exe hides c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I586~1\BIN\cpp.exe
Found: c:\CYGWIN\T1USER~1\H-I686~1\BIN\find.exe
Found: c:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\find.exe
Warning: c:\CYGWIN\T1USER~1\H-I686~1\BIN\find.exe hides c:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\find.exe
Found: c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I686~1\BIN\gcc.exe
Found: c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I586~1\BIN\gcc.exe
Warning: c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I686~1\BIN\gcc.exe hides c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I586~1\BIN\gcc.exe
Found: c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I686~1\BIN\gdb.exe
Found: c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I686~1\BIN\ld.exe
Found: c:\CYGWIN\T1USER~1\H-I686~1\BIN\ld.exe
Warning: c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I686~1\BIN\ld.exe hides c:\CYGWIN\T1USER~1\H-I686~1\BIN\ld.exe
Found: c:\CYGWIN\T1USER~1\H-I686~1\BIN\ls.exe
Found: c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I686~1\BIN\make.exe
Found: c:\CYGWIN\T1USER~1\H-I686~1\BIN\sh.exe

 4343k 2001/04/05 c:\ums\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/5 3:28
    Cygwin DLL version info:
        dll major: 1002
        dll minor: 0
        dll epoch: 19
        dll bad signal mask: 19005
        dll old termios: 5
        api major: 0
        api minor: 26
        shared data: 3
        dll identifier: cygwin1
        mount registry: 2
        cygnus registry name: Cygnus Solutions
        cygwin registry name: Cygwin
        program options name: Program Options
        cygwin mount registry name: mounts v2
        build date: Thu Apr 5 03:28:09 PDT 2001
        CVS tag: tier1-00r1p2-branch
        shared id: cygwin1S3

  409k 2001/04/05 c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I686~1\BIN\cygitcl30.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygitcl30.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/5 2:45
  300k 2001/04/05 c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I686~1\BIN\cygitk30.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygitk30.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/5 2:45
 1425k 2001/04/05 c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I686~1\BIN\cygtcl80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtcl80.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/5 2:34
  388k 2001/04/05 c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I686~1\BIN\cygtclpip80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
  184k 2001/04/05 c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I686~1\BIN\cygtclreg80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtclreg80.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/5 2:34
 2018k 2001/04/05 c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I686~1\BIN\cygtk80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtk80.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/5 2:41
 4343k 2001/04/05 c:\CYGWIN\TIER1-~1\H-I686~1\BIN\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/5 3:28
    Cygwin DLL version info:
        dll major: 1002
        dll minor: 0
        dll epoch: 19
        dll bad signal mask: 19005
        dll old termios: 5
        api major: 0
        api minor: 26
        shared data: 3
        dll identifier: cygwin1
        mount registry: 2
        cygnus registry name: Cygnus Solutions
        cygwin registry name: Cygwin
        program options name: Program Options
        cygwin mount registry name: mounts v2
        build date: Thu Apr 5 03:28:09 PDT 2001
        CVS tag: tier1-00r1p2-branch
        shared id: cygwin1S3

  929k 2002/06/24 c:\CYGWIN\T1USER~1\H-I686~1\BIN\cygiconv-2.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygiconv-2.dll" v0.0 ts=2002/6/24 11:24
   22k 2001/12/13 c:\CYGWIN\T1USER~1\H-I686~1\BIN\cygintl-1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygintl-1.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/12/13 1:28
   40k 2001/11/21 c:\CYGWIN\T1USER~1\H-I686~1\BIN\cygpcre.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygpcre.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/11/21 14:15
   39k 2001/11/21 c:\CYGWIN\T1USER~1\H-I686~1\BIN\cygpcreposix.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygpcreposix.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/11/21 14:15
Use -h to see help about each section
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/