Subject: Re: chmod again
From: John Williams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:11:20 +1000
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your patience with this.

> Well, a few but I can't guarantee anything.  Type in the following and
> send the output here:
> 
> which chmod

/usr/bin/chmod

> cygcheck chmod

nothing unexpected in there (pointing to appropriate cygwin and windows 
dlls)

> 
> I tried 'ntea' here on 1.3.22 and it works fine for me on FAT (see below).
> You can try replicating this yourself and see if it provides any insight
> as to what's different there (beyond XP vs W2K - which is what I'm
> running here).  /Floppy is just a mount point to a:.  That's the only
> FAT partition I have that I was willing to sacrifice for this test. ;-)

[snip]

Tried it, no luck :(

> If this doesn't help, you're quickest solution may be converting your
> partition to NTFS and using ntsec.

Yeah except if I go ntfs then it cannot be a writeable linux dual-boot 
partition.

bleugh....

Someone on the uclinux/microblaze mailing list has managed to get 
microblaze-gcc up and running on linux.  I think when I return from 
holidays I'll do a linux install and start again there.

Thanks for trying, I really do appreciate it, but it seems like the 
original stunned surprise from folks when I said I was doing linux 
kernel builds under cygwin had some basis in reality...

Cheers,

John

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/