Subject: Re: Can't get authorized_keys to work
From: "David Christensen" <[email-masked]>
To: "Neil Aggarwal" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:13:06 -0700

Neil Aggarwal wrote on April 09, 2003 3:55 PM
> Success!

Great!  :-)

> I thought the sshd_config items were defaults.

I dunno.  They were commented out on my server (default per RH7.3
install).  I was able to log in both before and after changing those, so
I'm not sure of their effect.  The web pages I referenced both suggested
those settings, so I enabled them.

The directory and file permissions on ~/.ssh/* seemed to the be primary
cause of trouble.  I'm guessing that I used ssh-keygen to created my
~/.ssh, while other people did it with mkdir.

David

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/