Subject: Windows XP & Internet Connection Firewall
From: Greg Kremer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 14:59:27 -0400

To whom it may concern:

First of all I would like to thank you for making Cygwin and for your 
time in helping with the following problem.

I have been troubleshooting a problem I have notice with cygwin.  First 
system specs:

Pentium 4 2ghz
256Mb Ram
20GB HD
Windows XP Pro Service pack 1
with
Cygwin (just downloaded 1 week ago)

now my question:

When I run cygwin with the Internet Connection Firewall running I can 
connect to our UNIX box but I cannot run the Xwindows Applications.  If 
I run the following command:

emacs -d lc116052:0.0

 after about 2 minutes the UNIX box reports "emacs: Cannot connect to X 
Server lc116052:0.0.  Check the DISPLAY enviroment variable or use '-d'. 
 Also use the 'xhost' program to verify that it is set to permit 
connections from your machine."

If I disable the Internet Connection Firewall the emacs command works fine.

I was just wondering if there is another work around besides stopping  
the Internet Connection Firewall?

Thanks for your help

Greg Kremer

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/