Subject: DEBUGGING PERL available (was: Re: frequent crashes with perl under win98_
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
Cc: Johann Petrak <[email-masked]>, "Pierre A . Humblet" <[email-masked]>, Nicholas Wourms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:48:43 +0200

Christopher schrieb:

> Just the source tree + a binary built with symbols is enough.

Ok, a debugging version is here (two packages, 8MB sourcetree and
10MB binaries):
http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/perl/perl-5.8.0-debugging.tar.bz2
http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/perl/perl-5.8.0-debugging-srctree.tar.bz2
http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/perl/md5sums

And a source package with the additional patches and scripts to
build a debugging version: perl-5.8.0-debugging-src.tar.bz2, is
available on request.

As C. Faylor wrote:

Now you could do something like:

set CYGWIN=error_start=c:/cygwin/bin/gdb

and when gdb pops up, type "bt" to get a stack trace.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/