Subject: Re: frequent crashes with perl under win98
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Johann Petrak <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 07:01:35 +0200

Hallo Johann,

Am Montag, 7. April 2003 um 10:14 schriebst du:

> I am getting frequent crashes with perl under Windows 98: packages
> Pod::Usage and POSIX seem to cause all kinds of crashes in subsequent
> code only by using them. The same perl programs work flawlessly on
> a Windows NT system.

> Crashes occur in CWD.dll and POSIX.dll

> I have perl 5.8.0-2 installed on the Window 98 system.

> Any ideas?

Unfortunately not.  We tried a perl version without increased stack,
because N. Wourms believed it may be the cause, but using perl without
the increased stack didn't change this behaviour.  It also seems to be
no rebase issue.

You could try to build Perl from source on this Win98 box and see if
it works better then.  Just use the source provided at the Cygwin
mirrors, there is a buildscript 'build.sh' included for easy building.

If you try it, please send the generated logs to my hands (not to the
list, please).

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/