Subject: Re: spell on cygwin (was spell and nano)
From: "Ehud Karni" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:51:57 +0300

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 12:22:45 -0400, Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 11:46:34PM +1000, Gareth Pearce wrote:
> >> ncurses so no termcap files are needed.  I think the cygwin provided
> >> version of nano is far superior as things like spell check would
> >> actually work,
> >
> >This would be a theory - however since no one has ported and packaged spell
> >to cygwin - it is not yet the (general) case.

I use aspell <URL: http://aspell.sourceforge.net/ >. I downloaded the
tarball <URL: ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/aspell-0.50.3.tar.gz > and
it compiled OOTB. I added a symbolic link: ispell -> aspell and it 
works perfectly in Emacs (I don't use nano).

Thanks to Joe Buehler for his continuing work on Cygwin Emacs (when
will we see 21.3 ?).

BTW. CGF - this mail was somehow diagnosed as spam - why ?

Ehud.

- -- 
 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 Insurance agencies   (USA) voice mail and   X   Against   HTML   Mail
 http://www.mvs.co.il  FAX:  1-815-5509341  / \
 mailto:[email-masked]                  Better  Safe  Than  Sorry

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/