Subject: RE: 1.3.22: TMPDIR Initialization
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Mark Moore <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 05 Apr 2003 22:24:22 +1000

On Sat, 2003-04-05 at 18:58, Mark Moore wrote:
> Robert,
> 
> If the permission on the folder pointed to by $TEMP is going to be changed
> during install, it seems to me it would be done by setup.exe.  If not, where
> would that operation be performed?

Setup doesn't set any special permissions. It sets a generic umask and
mode, and applies that throughout. ALL special permissions, scripts, and
local customisations are done via post-install scripts, which run after
setup extracts the package files, and before setup completes.

So, if the TEMP permissions need adjusting, it's the job of a
postinstall script (perhaps base-files in this case) to do that.

Cheers,
Rob
-- 
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.