Subject: Re: Updated: perl-5.8.0-2
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Rolf Campbell <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 10:03:52 +0200

Hallo Rolf,

Rolf wrote:
>>>So, I've recieved confirmation that this problem is only with cygwin
>>>perl, and not with GNU/Linux perl (5.8).
>> So, please file a bugreport, perlbug is included in the dist.

> Which ports is perlbug for?

It is for Perl, regardless which port.

The perlbug tool is a script to submit a syntactically correct
bugreport to the perl bug-tracking system.  It needs a mailserver or
the report is written to a file which you can send to the bug-tracker.

Probably you need to do an export PERLIO=perlio before using it
because of this bug!

The report will be posted to the perl5-porters list so the developers
may comment on it and the pumpking will assign it to someone
responsible or resolve the problem himself.

Since I don't see the problem in the latest development version the
chances are good that this problem is known and already fixed in the
past.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/