Subject: Re: Postinstall failure: file not found
From: "Rudiyanto Gunawan" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 22:46:04 -0600

>From: Igor Pechtchanski <[email-masked]>
>Rudiyanto,
>
>I'm replying back to your Hotmail account and Cc'ing the list.
>
>The above indicates that your /etc/passwd was not constructed properly for
>some reason.  Are you logging in as a domain user by any chance?  I
>imagine people with deep knowledge of the ntsec mechanism (Corinna,
>Pierre) will be interested in having a look at your /etc/passwd,
>/etc/group, and the output of "cygcheck -svr" (as an attachment).  Could
>you please post those to the list?  And the output of "getfacl
>/etc/postinstall" would be interesting too.
>
>Since this is happening on a clean install, I can only assume that there
>is something wrong with the mkpasswd invocation...  But I'd be very
>interested in Pierre's and Corinna's opinion on this.
>	Igor
>P.S. I'll review the setup.log.full you sent, but I think the above is the
>reason for your troubles.

Nope, I am not a domain user. Also, I tried installing
under administrator and user with administrator permission.
Both gave me the same results.
I can't find /etc/passwd and /etc/group under /etc
directory. This is what I have under /etc:

bash-2.05b$ /usr/bin/ls -la /etc
total 16
d---------+   6 ???????? ????????     4096 Apr  3 22:34 .
d---------+   8 ???????? ????????     4096 Apr  3 22:35 ..
----------+   1 ???????? ????????       29 Oct  3 15:15 bash.bashrc.default
d---------+   2 ???????? ????????     4096 Apr  3 22:34 postinstall
d---------+   2 ???????? ????????        0 Apr  3 22:34 preremove
----------+   1 ???????? ????????     1586 Nov 23 10:02 profile.default
d---------+   2 ???????? ????????    16384 Apr  3 22:34 setup
d---------+   3 ???????? ????????        0 Apr  3 22:34 skel
----------+   1 ???????? ????????    12546 Sep 30  2002 termcap

Also attached is the output of cygcheck -svr.
And "getfacl /etc/postinstall" gives:

bash-2.05b$ /usr/bin/getfacl /etc/postinstall
# file: /etc/postinstall
# owner: ????????
# group: ????????
user::---
user:ryg:rwx
group::---
mask:rwx
other:---
default:user:ryg:rwx
default:mask:rwx

Thanks

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/