Subject: Problem: SCP and umask ?!
From: Duncan Rubinger <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 21:29:15 +0200

Hi all,

I'm slightly new to this list and would like to say hello at first.

Unfortunately I've a question too. I'm using WINSCP2 or scp to copy my files
on my Bitvise WinSSHD using cygwin bash for the environment. When I log
in to my account normally, everything is OK ...

I've changed th umask in the profile file to 000 for private reasons
and this works fine directly under bash!

But if I copy some files using any scp application, the files will be
created with 644 as umask! Each file gets rw-r--r-- ! Don't know why
...

Any suggestions ? This would be very helpful concerning this
frustrating issue.

Best regards, 

Duncan

--
The Lord of the token ring ...
"One Ring to link them all, One Ring to ping them,
one Ring to bring them all and in the darkness sniff them."

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/